Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Recovery in Paradise!

I wanted to take a minute and thank all of my friends for all that they have done for me since being home. I was talking to my mother this morning and she said, "you didn't have friends like that back in Delaware." And, it is so true, back in the US people are so driven and so busy that while they try to help out they just don't have time. Here in Chelem we move at a slower pace, people care more and show it. Our community is small and tightly woven. Since I have been home I have had dinner brought to me every single day, last night my beach buddy Star came over with fresh fish, hush puppies and french fries. Cotting another great friend has made me 3 batches of soup, chicken salad, fresh fruit salad, fiber cookies (gotta keep everything moving ya know) and delicious little baby plums. Patrick and Robert from the Bull Pen have sent me flowers and funny emails, possibly a little shy about visiting someone with a woman thing going on! My friends Neil and Mary came down with 2 sets of 400 count sheets, clothes, fresh shrimp salad and of course wine. I could get used to this pampering! My Mexican family has come to visit a couple of times, all dressed up as if they were going to church, perching shyly on the bed and talking nonstop Spanish. Kurt and Casey keep stopping by wanting to do something. Barbara and Jack came by yesterday to water my flowers and change my sheets. Dan, Deronda and Rene brought fresh donuts, and all of this is from people that are here. Don and Jody back in Florida have sent emails, ecards and called to keep updated. Linda in Washington emails and sends me little funnies. I am so lucky to have so many dear friends, thanks to all of you, if I haven't mentioned you, remember that I am taking pain meds and a bit fuzzy.........

Regardless of the Swine Flu scare, real estate clients are still calling and inquiring about property. The city, Merida, has seemed to slow down but the beach is still hopping! Doug just sold a cute little house this week to a lovely lady from Canada. While some folks are scared others just want their own little piece of paradise, a respite from the fast lane and a higher quality, slower lifestyle. I am not offering anyone any advice about coming to Mexico it is totally a personal decision. One of my very favorite bloggers Canuck in Cancun does a wonderful job of keeping people abreast of what is going on in the Yucatan Penisula. Please take a moment to read her recent blog and the comments if you want to know what is going on.

Star and I



Chrissy and Keith, this one is for you!

So until next time, warm breezes and cold beers coming at you from Chelem!

4 comments:

  1. Ok, Chelem has now made our official list of potential locations. Thanks! the photo is stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh good! Can't wait to meet you both! If you need any help with anything on this side of Mexico let me know. We have clients homes that we rent out very inexpensively, friends that have a great B&B etc.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hola Teresa!
    Love YOUR blog...I hope you are on the road to recovery. In the meantime, wallow in all the good wishes of your friends and family.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for your well wishes! Once I recover we are going to have to get together so you can show me how to do all those clever things that you do!

    ReplyDelete