Friday, May 22, 2009

The Hidden Beauty in the Yucatan

Today was a monumental day for me, I was able to get up and take a nice beach walk with hubby and the doggies. It seems as if it has been forever that I have been laid up in my bedroom recuperating. During my walk I looked at everything with fresh eyes, almost as if it were the first time. I was able to newly appreciate the sights, sounds and smell of the beach and the native plants along the way. I have been in a bit of dead zone trying to think of things to post about while just laying in bed and looking out of the window. Today brought back all the reasons why I love it here so much! I want to share my walk with you through pictures that I took. I hope that you enjoy them. Chillin' in Chelem.

This is the view from the front of my house, it is a small hotel, only about 6 rooms. The owners are sooo nice, we can go over, hang out in their pool, lay in their chairs on the beach and have food and drinks delivered to us.

The beach was beautiful this morning, the sun shining on the water made it sparkle like diamonds.

To the west of us is this jetty, it protects the beach from storms and keeps the sand from eroding.



Doug had the rare day off from selling real estate and was able to go with the dogs and me. Here he is telling them to go get the coconut.


On the way back I stopped and took pictures of all the flowers that I saw, they were gorgeous, thriving even in the salt air.












Now I remember why Doug and I moved here to this beautiful place. I think having a break really was good for me, I appreciate it so much more. There are so many people that dream of living the life that we do. Statistics say that more people are leaving the USA than ever before in the history of the states, I know why! International Living magazine voted the Yucatan as the number one retirement haven in the world last year. It truly is a "hidden jewel." Warm breezes and cold beers coming at ya from Chelem.

2 comments:

  1. Glad you are feeling much better! Thanks for the walk around your neck of the woods, lovely photos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know it was wonderful to get out there . I swear the beach calls us , and you just have to go . Awesome pics !!! I love them

    ReplyDelete