Sunday, February 15, 2009

Chichen Itza and other things

A very good friend of mine came to visit me this past week. Jan is from Texas but has lived on the island of Ambergris Caye, Belize for the past 5 years. We met and became fast friend while I was living there. A couple of weeks ago I got an email from her saying that she was coming to Merida to have her annual medical checkups and wanted to get together. I couldn't wait! Now Jan is a real powerhouse, always on the go so I had to rest up at couple of days to get ready for her. I met her on Friday morning in Merida at 7:00 am and off we went to visitr Chichen Itza. I've lived here 6 years and never made the trip, it was just gorgeous, no wonder it's one of the new 7 wonders of the world! After a full day there we got back to my place at 6:30, cleaned up and then off to dinner and a sock hop at a local restauraant, we really didn't want to dance, only eat. The next day we ran into Progreso, looked around, shopped, had a couple of cocktails and then started preparations for a mexican valentines day party at my house. Finished off the night with a couple cocktails and then to bed because she headed out to Playa Del Carmen this morning. Now I need to get back to my real job of selling real estate!

No comments:

Post a Comment